What is Aquanett wood oil cleaner?
Aquanett is a powerful, biodegradable, water washable remover and cleaner that strips out new, old and encrusted oils from exterior wooden surfaces blackened by UV rays.
It also cleans severely weathered wood.
Free from solvents and paraffin, it is suitable for environmentally sensitive areas and due to its gel like consistency, it will not run, making it perfect for use on vertical surfaces.
Aquanett is ready to use and easy to apply. It’s so effective you will see results in as little as 5 minutes!
It also quickly and efficiently removes the mill glaze – this is something which is created in the manufacturing process and removing this allows for the penetration and adhesion of a finish.
Once the surface is clean and clear from contaminants you are ready to apply. It is very simple to use and fast acting!
- Apply a thick coat of Aquanett over the whole surface to be stripped. For large areas work in zones.
- Allow product to work (max 5 minutes).
- Scrub surface with stiff nylon scrubbing brush while flushing with water, alternatively use a pressure washer (max. 60 bars / 870 psi).
- Thoroughly rinse the surface after stripping with fresh clean water.
- After stripping and rinsing, surfaces must immediately be treated with Net-Trol while still wet to neutralise the surface.
Important things to remember
Do not allow the product to sit on the surface for any longer than 5 minutes.
Always neutralise with Net-Trol after using Aquanett – this is to stop the active ingredient from continuing to strip the wood.
We have several blog posts where customers have used Aquanett for various projects.
We have listed just a few of our favourites below:
- Removing old oils from with with Aquanett
- Renovating treated garden furniture
- Case Study: Redwood Spruce Fence
If you need any further help or advice on Aquanett, please don’t hesitate to contact us.