Compoxell (replacing our previous composite wood finish, Compo-Care) is a water-based finish for decorating and restoring composite wood decks, cladding etc. Hardwearing, stain resistant and waterproofing the surface, Compoxell protects composite wood from UV damage and the effects of the weather. It is a semi-transparent tinted coating which is currently available in brown and grey and it gives a satin finish.
For our composite wood cleaner and degreaser, take a look at Owatrol Compo-Clean.
Compoxell does not contain solvents or paraffin.
Ideal Uses for Compoxell
- Protecting decking and pathways
- Reviving ALL types of exterior composite wood
- Use on both horizontal and vertical surfaces
- Finishing composite railing and fencing
- Protecting composite benches and landscaping
Initially, surfaces must be clean, dry and free of dirt, grease, oil, mildew and stains. Treat any existing mildew with a 50/50 bleach/water solution. Scrub the solution on to the surface and allow it to stand for 10-15 minutes before rinsing thoroughly.
We would recommend using Owatrol’s Compo-Clean to clean your composite wood. After cleaning allow the wood to thoroughly dry before applying the finish.
Application of Compoxell composite wood coating
- Do not dilute.
- Stir the product thoroughly before and periodically during application.
- Simply apply a single, even coat of Compoxell to the entire length or piece of wood, stopping at any natural breaks to avoid lapping.
- Allow to dry.
- On very old, damaged and porous surfaces apply a 2nd coat.
- Where one coat is sufficient but a greater sheen level and/or greater durability is desired a 2nd coat may be applied.
- After spray application, always back-brush or back-roll to improve penetration and uniformity of coverage.
Clean all tools used with soap and water.
This will depend on exposure to the sun, weather and foot traffic. Maintenance is due when the surface has become dull and faded. Compoxell does not require sanding or stripping prior to the application of a maintenance coat. First clean surface with Compo-Clean, then apply a single application of Compoxell to the entire surface according to the application instructions above.
Things to Remember
- Do not apply in direct sunlight or to hot surfaces.
- Do not apply if cold and/or wet weather is expected within 24 hours.
- Apply between 10°C and 30°C.
- Cover and protect everything you do not wish to coat.
- For colour uniformity, mix all the product that is to be applied to any one area or section together before use.
- Always work the entire length of a deck board or cladding board to a logical break.
- Vertical cladding should be coated from top to bottom.
- Never stop application in the middle of the board.