Compo-Clean is a water-based composite wood cleaner and degreaser suitable for use on all types of exterior composite wood.
It’s environmentally friendly and won’t attack plastic pool liners, stone, cement or other materials which may be near to your composite wood. It is very easy to use as it works straight from the bottle, can be applied easily with a brush or roller and is fast-acting (in as little as 5 minutes)! When you’re finished you simply rinse it with water and it’s done. It’s ideal for use on both horizontal and vertical surfaces.
Compo-Clean does not contain solvents or paraffin. This product is a perfect cleaning agent to use before applying Owatrol’s Compoxell
(formally Compo-Care), a transparent tinted coating designed specifically for use on composite wood.
Ideal Uses for Compo-Clean
- Cleaning composite decks
- Degreasing any exterior composite wood surfaces
- Getting a perfect clean even on a grooved decking
- Cleaning horizontal or vertical surfaces
- Reviving composite around pools and tubs
Before you start
Always test a small area first. Protect all areas not to be cleaned, plants, shrubs etc. including and especially aluminum parts. Always wear suitable protection – gloves (rubber/nitrile), goggles or visor, clothing.
Application of Compo-Clean composite wood cleaner
- First, apply a thick layer of Compo-Clean to the area to be cleaned. Large areas should be cleaned in smaller sections.
- Leave the product to work for 5 minutes (longer if necessary depending on the nature of the dirt and contamination) and then scrub with a stiff nylon or synthetic brush.
- Rinse with plenty of fresh clean water using the highest pressure source available or use a power washer (max 50 bars).
- If required repeat the above procedure – for difficult or stubborn staining.
- Allow the surface to dry for 2-3 good drying days before applying a chosen finish.
- We would recommend Owatrol’s Compoxell (previously known as Compo-Care) transparent tinted coating specifically for composite wood.
Clean all tools used with water.
Things to Remember
- Shake or stir well before application.
- Do not dilute.
- Apply between +5°C to +35°C. Do not apply in direct sunlight or on hot wood.
- Always work the entire length of a board to a logical break.
- On vertical surfaces, clean from bottom to top and rinse from top to bottom to avoid streaking.