Easy Surface Prep (ESP) is a wipe on/wipe off product which primes and prepares any shiny surface for painting. It completely eliminates the need for difficult and time-consuming sanding and leaves the surface ready for paint or varnish to bond to. It is a safe and effective way to prepare any non-porous surface for painting and is ideal for use on ceramic tiles and melamine units. It is colourless, virtually odourless and can be wiped on and off with a damp cloth making it incredibly easy to use!
Ideal Uses for Easy Surface Prep (ESP)
- Updating melamine kitchen furniture, great for revamping kitchen cupboards
- Re-painting a bathroom without having to re-tile!
- A great way to spruce up tired or outdated furniture without sanding
- Upgrading cheap furniture, time to add some colour to those flat packs!
- Suitable for use on baked lacquers and enamels, like lamps and ornaments
- Even good for use on glass, it dries totally clear
Coverage: 18m² per litre
Application Tools: Brush, Roller, Rag
Suitable for: Exterior & Interior use
Clean Up: Soap and water
Re-coating Time: any time from 2 hours to 7 days (if painting after 7 days, ESP should be re-applied)
First clean and dry all surfaces to remove oil, grease and other contaminants and remove any loose and flaking old finish. For oily, greasy, waxed or varnished surfaces prepare by scrubbing with a green scourer or 00 steel wool soaked with ESP. Wipe clean after 5-10 minutes then follow the standard application instructions.
Apply ESP generously with a clean, dry, lint free cloth. If ESP crawls or separates, the surface is not clean. Wipe off ESP and re-clean according to above directions before continuing. Leave to stand for 5 minutes then lightly wipe over the surface in one direction with a clean cloth to remove any excess ESP. Allow to dry for 2 hours. When dry, ESP may be left up to 7 days before applying the finish. If this time has passed, re-apply ESP as directed before painting.
Clean all tools and equipment with soap and water.
Things to Remember
- Shake well before application
- Do not thin
- Ensure the new finish is compatible with the old finish
- Use clean cloths to apply the ESP and change them regularly
- Do not contaminate new clean ESP with old used ESP
- Do not use ESP for dipping
Read the full technical information for ESP
on our corporate website.