Owatrol E-B is a high penetrating, stir-in paint additive for use in water-based masonry or interior paints, to help alleviate peeling problems on all porous surfaces. Owatrol E-B is especially suitable for unstable, chalky and powdery surfaces, crumbling brick work or render.
E-B acts as a stabiliser, penetrating deep into the surface to firmly bond the first coat of paint to the substrate, thus eliminating need for primer.
Owatrol E-B provides a bonding primer, stirs in easily, and does not alter the original colour of the paint. It offers a time-saving benefit by eliminating the need to separately prime.
Ideal uses for Owatrol E-B
- Additive for waterbased paint and varnish.
- Can be used on all porous surfaces.
- May be used as a primer or mixed with paint.
- E-B’s high solids content maintains the inherent characteristics of the paint, improves hiding power and increases coverage by up to 20%.
- Ensures an even coverage and maximum adhesion between the first and second coat of paint.
NOTE: Use only in the first coat of paint
• Shake container well.
• Always mix a small amount of Owatrol E-B with paint to test compatibility.
• Mix 1 part Owatrol E-B to 4 parts paint.
• Stir paint and Owatrol E-B mixture thoroughly. If paint thickens add enough water to return paint to its original consistency.
• Apply paint as usual.
• Apply any additional coats without Owatrol E-B. Apply additional coats when the Owatrol E-B / paint mixture is dry.
Do not apply more paint while the Owatrol E-B / paint mix film feels soft or tacky.
• Only use Owatrol E-B in the first coat.
• Do not add Owatrol E-B to water-based gloss paints for one coat work.
Things to remember
• Follow directions on the paint label.
• Wash protected areas (overhangs, porch ceilings, etc.) with detergent and water. Rinse thoroughly before painting.
• To treat mildew make a solution of 1 part bleach to 3 parts fresh water to this add detergent. Allow this solution to remain on the surface for 10-15 minutes. Rinse thoroughly with fresh water and allow washed areas to dry before painting.
• Avoid contact with eyes and skin, and provide adequate ventilation.