We have recently teamed up with the very talented Artist Miranda to help show you some handy tips and tricks on how to create your very own flipcup acrylic paint pour art piece!
Miranda, who goes by Artist Miranda on Instagram, is known for making beautiful paint pouring’s. If you’re one of those that wants to know how she does it then read on!
Written by Miranda
My name is Miranda, @artistmiranda on Instagram, where I’m known for making acrylic paint pouring’s. Because I get a lot of questions about how I create them, I have made a small guide for what I use in my flipcup pieces:
- Amsterdam acrylic paint
- Pouring medium (ideal for pouring and dripping)
- Owatrol Floetrol (extends the drying time and I think the cells become stronger and larger as a result)
- Silicone spray (creates the cells)
- Spa blauw water (paint thinning)
- Torch gas burner (to create the cells)
- Water level (if it is not level, the beautiful art could drip away)
- Cups for the paint
- Stir sticks
- Dough scraper (flexible but sturdy for flipping and transferring the cup to the canvas)
Take a look at my demonstration video below to see how I get the paint onto the board/canvas and how I move the paint around to achieve the final look.
You can purchase a complete step-by-step PDF guide including the amount of ingredients you need on my Etsy store here.
Ready, set, go! Have fun and give it your own flip!
Like my work and want to see more?
Take a look at my social sites, YouTube channel and Etsy store below:
- Follow me at Artist Miranda on Instagram.
- Follow me on TikTok.
- Take a look at my Etsy store.
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel.
Thank you so much for working with us Miranda! We wish you all the very best with your art and are excited to see what you create next.
For further information about paint pouring art, why not take a look at our previous post ‘beginners guide to acrylic paint pouring‘ that we created with another artist.
We hope you found this post helpful. If you have any other tips, tricks or advice, please feel free to leave them in the comments below. We love hearing from you!