Owaphos is a rust remover and passivator for ferrous and non-ferrous metals as well as galvanised and zinc coated surfaces.
Benefits of using Owaphos
Negating the need for sanding, Owaphos quickly and effectively, chemically prepares new metal surfaces for painting by creating a fine coat of oxide on the surface that coatings can firmly adhere to. Used diluted Owaphos removes rust from ferrous metals and the oxidation from non-ferrous metals e.g. aluminium, galvanised and zinc surfaces.
Ideal uses for Owaphos rust remover
- Remove rust from ferrous metals such as; steel, cast iron, etc.
- Remove rust from non-ferrous metals such as: copper, aluminium, zinc, chrome, alloys (bronze, brass, etc.), galvanised metal.
- Optimise the adhesion of the finish to smooth surfaces
- Improve anti-corrosion resistance of painted metals
- Eliminate oxidation on non-ferrous metals (aluminium, zinc, galvanised metal)
- Avoid tedious mechanical sanding