Owayell is a gelcoat and metal renovator which removes yellow staining, limescale and rust spots from gelcoat, stainless steel and other surfaces in a matter of minutes. It will brighten and whiten gelcoats as well as dissolve limescale, sea salt and water marks. Owayell will also disintegrate dirt caused by micro-organisms and barnacle/shell residue and can be used to restore shine to stainless steel, anodised aluminium and chrome surfaces.
Owayell is simple to use and is fact acting in just 5 to 10 minutes. It can also be used to passivate raw steel and aluminium in preparation for painting.
Ideal uses of Owayell gelcoat and metal renovator
- Brightening a gelcoat with yellow staining
- Removing barnacle or shell residue from boat hulls
- Dissolving water marks and unsightly limescale residue
- Removing streaks and rust traces from marine metal
- Restoring shine and removing rust spots from stainless steel
- Passivating steel in preparation for painting
Applying Owatrol’s Owayell gelcoat renovator
Shake container well before use and do not dilute. Apply Owayell to the surface to be treated using a brush, roller or cloth. Allow it to work for 5-10 minutes, there is no need to scrub the surface. Rinse with plenty of fresh, clean water, working from top to bottom. If required, repeat the process.
For surfaces heavily encrusted with limescale brush the surface with a nylon brush 10 minutes after applying the first application. Do not rinse, instead apply a second application and leave it again for 5-10 minutes before rinsing with plenty of clean water.
Additional uses for Owayell
To use Owayell as a liquid sander to passivate raw steel before painting first dilute 1 part Owayell to 5 parts water. Then apply the solution to the surface and leave it to work for 10 minutes. Rinse off before drying and immediately applying the finish.
Clean all tools and equipment with water.
Do not use Owayell on galvanised metal or raw aluminium.
Things to Remember
- Protect surfaces you do not wish to be treated
- Do not apply to surfaces in direct sunlight during the hottest hours of the day
- Limit contact time to 5 minutes when applying to paint, varnish, lacquer or non-rusted steel
- Always test on a small inconspicuous area first
- Use appropriate protective clothing – gloves, goggles…