Is your decking new and has had time to weather? Or was it previously coated and has now been stripped? Then you are ready to protect it using a saturating finish!
If your decking is hardwood then we would highly recommend using Deks Olje D1; a penetrative, wood oil that provides protection from within.
It has a clear matt finish which enhances the natural beauty of the wood.
What tools will I need to finish my deck using Deks Olje D1?
- Deks Olje D1
How to apply
- D1 must be applied ‘wet on wet’. This means that the surface of the wood must not dry between coats.
- Start by applying Deks Olje D1 to an area that can be treated in about 15 minutes.
- As soon as the 1st application has penetrated (normally 15-30 minutes), apply a 2nd application.
- Continue applying Deks Olje D1 ‘wet on wet‘ until a uniform, overall saturation of the wood is achieved. The number of applications needed will depend on the wood.
- Leave the final application for 30 minutes, then, wipe a rag soaked in Deks Olje D1 and rung out over the surface to remove any excess and puddled material. If necessary occasionally ring out the cloth to keep it damp but not wet.
What if my decking is new?
If your decking is new you can still use Deks Olje D1. However, you do need to prepare the wood using Prepdeck and Net-Trol first. This will enable a finish to penetrate correctly into the surface of the wood.
If you’re unsure how to do this then just check out our guide on how to remove mill glaze from new timber.
To learn more about Deks Olje D1, head on over to our product page here.