Interior hard woods require careful care and attention and often demand a higher level of attention to detail and finesse. As such, we would make the following recommendations to achieve a flawless colourless finish of your interior wood surfaces.
- First degrease the wood surface with denatured alcohol
- Then sand the wood (100 grain maximum)
- Finally protect the wood with one of our interior hard wood protection finishes such as Deks Olje D1 or Teak Olje
- First clean and restore the wood with our wood cleaner and colour restorer Net-Trol
- Then protect the wood with one of our interior hard wood protection finishes such as Deks Olje D1 or Teak Olje
Coated or Oiled Wood
- First dry strip the wood
- Then degrease the surface with denatured alcohol
- Finally protect with Deks Olje D1 or another interior hard wood protection
Maintaining protected wood
- First remove dust from the surface
- Then protect with Deks Olje D1 or another suitable wood finish for hard wood
Recommended wood protection for interior hard wood
There are many products available for protecting interior hard wood surfaces and your product choice depends on the look that you want. We would recommend:
Deks Olje D1 – Use Deks Olje d1 for a transparent matt finish which does not cover the grain of the wood. This saturates and protects dense and/or oily woods.
Deks Olje D2 – If you want a high gloss hard wood finish which enhances the wood grain and provides long-term protection then after using Deks Olje D1 you can apply Deks Olje D2.