With more people working from home than ever before, you may be considering a garden office space to work from. However, there are now so many places to purchase one to choose from that it can be a little overwhelming to find where you should buy yours.
So, we thought we would help by creating a list of our top 5 places to buy a garden office to work from.
Before we get into the list, you may require some help with what you actually need from a garden office space. If you don’t know for certain yet what you require, why not take a look at our previous blog post, ‘Top things to consider when choosing a garden office‘.
Smart Garden Offices
Smart Garden Offices have been around since 2001 have spent many years developing their garden spaces and services to make them as easy as possible to purchase and have installed to take the hard work off the customers hands and managing the process from start to finish.
- SGO have been featured on “Sarah Beeny’s Renovate, Don’t Relocate” which aired on HGTV.
- The have pledges to help combat climate change which can be found on their site.
- Their prices start from £12,525
All of their garden rooms that have a painted exterior (such as the Belle, Evolve, Temple Folly or Suffolk Barn), are all hand-painted with Owatrol SCS (solid Colour Stain) to offer the very best protection and finish possible.
Based in Wiltshire, Garden Affairs started in 2001 and not only do they sell garden offices, but they also sell a wide variety of other exterior spaces such as garages, summer houses, sheds and gazebos.
- They use only the most premium of suppliers and source the best sustainably sourced timber.
- Offer both installation as well as DIY services to help you save money.
- All garden offices are insulated, double glazed and designed to be used all year round.
- Prices start from £3,570
They also have a display centre in Towbridge to view the offices and speak with their experts directly.
The Garden Office
The Garden Office based in Buckinghamshire began in 2006 and have 4 variations of garden office to offer.
- Part of the Green Retreats Group (the UK’s largest and most trusted garden room company)
- Have a very strong environmental policy – their factory is 100% carbon neutral, powered by solar energy and they recycle all their materials just to name a few
- Prices start from £15,495
They have built thousands of residential buildings over the years but also for big names such as The National Trust, Thames Valley Police, The NHS and have featured on The Hampton Court Flower Show, Channel 4 and Grand Designs.
Crane Garden Buildings
Crane Garden Buildings is a family run business based in Norfolk that has been going for over 40 years.
- FSC certified and partnered with a timber Mill in Sweden that are also FSC certified. The wood is slow grown over 130 years and features fewer knots – signifying superior quality.
- Fitters will deliver and install free of charge.
- Prices start from £12,000
Everything can be made completely bespoke and tailored to your individual needs, including a security pack, variations of installation and even varieties of roof coverings.
Warwick Buildings is a family owned company that began life in 1988. They have a show centre in the midlands that has 21 buildings on display (and also offer you a cup of tea or coffee whilst you peruse!).
- Strong environmental standards. All their wood is Scandinavian redwood purchased from PEFC and FSC certified suppliers direct from a mill in Sweden.
- uPVC doors and windows are sourced locally from a family business that have over 40 years experience in the trade
- Prices start from £10,000
Whilst they have installed many buildings for residential purposes, they have also installed for The National Trust, Channel 4, University of Cambridge, Guide Dogs and Dan Skelton Racing.
We hope you found this post on our top 5 places to buy a garden office helpful.
If you have any other advice or top tips, please feel free to leave them in the comments below. We love hearing from you!