CIP (Corrosive Inhibiting Primer) is a rust-inhibiting primer. Suitable for finishing with both single and 2-pack paints and finishes. It contains the anti-corrosive properties of Owatrol Oil which enable it to stabilise the surface. It does this by penetrating deep into the substrate, driving out excess moisture and air to form a solid stable layer.
CIP is easy to use and does not require sand or shot blasting first. It can be used on new and rusted surfaces – both interior and exterior and is fine for use on horizontal and vertical surfaces.
It will not dissolve or break down when even high solvent paints and finishes (urethane, epoxy, chlorinated rubber, synthetic, etc.) are applied to it. Making it perfect to use as a primer for 2-pack paints. The brick-red pigmentation also provides enhanced protection and film-forming qualities.
With Owatrol’s CIP, sand or shot-blasted surfaces do not require immediate priming as a light rust coating will not affect its performance or the ﬁnal result.
CIP’s enhanced corrosion protection and strong surface make it perfect for use in extreme climatic conditions such as in the marine environment and in tropical areas and it has excellent chemical resistance too. Its excellent adhesion means that it also performs exceptionally well on clean, bright steel – typically a difficult surface to coat.
Ideal uses for CIP rust-inhibiting primer
- Outstanding for high performance in severe conditions such as marine or tropical environments
- Resisting corrosive fumes
- Protecting motor vehicles
- Avoiding rusting on construction equipment
- Protecting ballast tanks of ships
- Inhibiting rust development on everyday items such as railings and gates
- Perfect protection where a high resistant paint or two-pack finish is necessary
- Priming steel superstructures
- Outstanding adherance on clean bright steel