- Penetrating rust inhibitor
- Stops rust and protects the base metal from further rusting
- Penetrates and protects down to the sound metal.
- Drives out moisture and air and stabilises
- Leaves a bonding film on all surfaces
- Excellent adhesion including on galva, alu, zinc, wood …
- Maintains the natural look of the surface (metal, wood, etc.)
- Enhanced adhesion, ideal foundation for primers or finishing coats.
- Allows paint to be applied direct to firm rust.
- Heat resistance up to +175°C
- Paint Conditioner
- Makes alkyd paint rust inhibiting
- Improved paint flow and workability
- Better viscosity which allows painting to be carried out in cold, warm or windy conditions.
- Replaces damaging thinners; improves hiding power of paint.
- Wood impregnation
- Deeply penetrates and seals wood.
- Protects metal parts.
Where to use
- Ferrous and non ferrous metals. (may be applied on wood, plastics, glass,…)
- Lightly to heavily rusted surfaces.
- On new surfaces, use Owatrol AP60
- May be used in any oil based paints, air drying alkyds, lacquers and varnishes, one component urethanes and asphalt / petroleum based paints. May be mixed with oil based stains/paint to improve impregnation of wood and protection of metal surfaces (hinges and fittings)
- Do not mix with quick drying paints (car paints), chlorinated rubber paints, with two components paints and water based paints (see Owatrol Emulsa-Bond and Floetrol)
Directions for use
- Ensure surface is clean, dry and free from oil, grease and scale
- Owatrol Oil can achieve better results on rusted surfaces because it uses the rust as a pigment to form a protective coating.
- To make paint rust inhibiting, mix 25% Owatrol Oil, 75% paint.
- To improve paint flow, mix 5-10% Owatrol Oil with paint
Read the full technical information for Owatrol Oil on our corporate website.