Spending time outdoors is a great way to spend special time with family, friends or even just a place to relax and be alone with your thoughts. Having your own space to enjoy time outside is very rewarding, whether that takes the form of a garden/potting shed, a children’s play area, a pond or just a place to relax and put your feet up.
However, it can be a little daunting as to what you should be doing when in your garden. So, we’ve created a 2023 garden project calendar! This will help to explain month by month when the ideal time is to be cracking on with those bigger projects you have in mind.
- How to clean and maintain composite decking. Follow our steps on how to clean and maintain composite decking with Compo-Clean and Compoxell.
- How to clean rust stains from a patio. Clean rust stains from your patio in 3 easy steps with our handy how to guide.
- How to remove mill glaze. Mill glaze is a shiny surface present on new wood which can prevent finishes from properly adhering. Learn how you can remove it.
- Step by step guide to effectively clean exterior wood. Take a look at our step by step guide to learn how to effectively clean your exterior wood to keep it looking newer for longer.
- How to clean untreated wood. Our handy guide walks you through cleaning untreated wood which has turned grey and restoring it to its natural colour using Net-Trol wood cleaner.
- How to lay decking: the ultimate guide. Read our step by step guide on how to lay garden decking. We cover tools, building the frame and how to lay timber boards.
- How to build a slatted fence. Learn how to build your own slatted fence. We cover everything from materials and tools to installation.
- How to strip wood. Use our guide to help you strip wood. From what product to use, why it’s important to know the previous coating and more.
- How to build a raised bed. Raised beds are a great way of growing a variety of plants and vegetables. Read our hints and tips including the best materials and which soil to use.
- How to paint wood furniture. Painting wooden furniture can give it a new lease of life. We guide you through the best step by step process to make it look good as new!
- The best way to restore weathered wood to its original colour. Restore weathered wood back to its former glory with Net-Trol, our powerful wood cleaner and brightener. Complete with demonstration video.
- Iroko gates look stunning with a lasting finish using D1 Pro. Iroko gates stripped with Prepdeck, neutralised with Net-Trol and protected with D1 Pro wood oil, complete with before and after pics.
- How to restore metal garden furniture. With the right products and know how most metal garden furniture can be restored and given a new lease of life for years to come.
- Cedar shed renovation. Take a look at our case study of a customer’s cedar shed restored with Owatrol Net-Trol and Aquadecks. Complete with before and after pictures.
- Renovated hardwood decking. Take a look at our case study of a customer’s renovated hardwood decking. Complete with before, during and after pictures.
- How to protect your garden furniture over winter. Take a look at our guide for handy tips and advice on how you should protect your garden furniture over the Winter months.
- How to protect your wood cladding. Use our guide to help you protect your wood cladding from damage caused by UV rays and moisture.
- Give your wooden sun beds a makeover with Textrol. Handy case study of how simple it is to give your wooden sun beds a makeover with Net-Trol and Textrol.
- How to restore sun damaged plastic. Take a look at our handy guide to learn how to restore sun damaged plastic with Owatrol Polytrol. Complete with before and after pictures.
- 5 handy tips to prepare your garden for Winter. There are many things you can do to prepare your garden for Winter, so we thought we’d list out our top 5 important things to do!
- Ultimate garden maintenance checklist. If you’re into gardening (or would like to) this handy guide will help you make sure that your garden is always looking its best, no matter what the season.
We hope you found this 2023 garden project calendar helpful. If you have any other tips, tricks or advice, please feel free to leave them in the comments below. We love hearing from you!